issues on the new firmware report!!!

UHD Android ATV 2 tuner PVR with Debian Linux at same time.
Adricool

issues on the new firmware report!!!

Post by Adricool » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:58 pm

Hello guys, the u5 team want to know all the issues that your suffering on your u5 Deluxe on the last update, only like this they are able to solve the problems for the final release of atv 7.0.
Please don't ignore
Best regards

DannyPTY

Re: issues on the new firmware report!!!

Post by DannyPTY » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:27 am

I think sometimes you have to be part of the solution; so for me the reason why I bought this box was for the OSCAM and is broken as I spoke already with @Vivant, the OSCAM just needs to be patched

so what solution I can think it’ll make easier al this process:

- Build OSCAM as an APK. a lot easier to handle and to maintain just like OSmegatool.apk or OScam Manager from Wetek.
- OSCAM config folder should be under or in SDCARD
- And OSCAM Bin file should also needs to be accessible with any FTP software because as of today I have not been able to find a FTP software that can browse the root directory of the box.
- Also provide a clear how-to compile guide for this box since this is an Android/Debian it is not that easy for me and the instruction from the github are not enough.

scorpion61

Post by scorpion61 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:59 am

Hello,
I agree with Danny, the real problem in this box is oscam.
All apps work fine, image qality is great.
But all of this is useless without a working oscam.

Adricool

Post by Adricool » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:16 am

couldn't agree more, and some users reported broken DRM, that's an issue that needs to be fixed for proper Netflix use, and if possible upgrade the tvheandend also, i now it's complicated because of the eon TV but would be great

DannyPTY

Post by DannyPTY » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:11 am

This is part of what I'm talking about...

there is OSCAM Manager installed on mu u5pvr deluxe ATV7, as of now doesn't work at all, it starts, but doesn't work

Adricool

Post by Adricool » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:44 pm

DannyPTY wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:11 am

there is OSCAM Manager installed on mu u5pvr deluxe ATV7, as of now doesn't work at all, it starts, but doesn't work

wait a minute DannyPTY, don't know if you know but the u5 has already an oscam built-in you don't need to install one yourself, to access the oscam you just need to input Ip of u5:8888

xbmc
Site Admin

Post by xbmc » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:18 pm

Adricool wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:44 pm
DannyPTY wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:11 am

wait a minute DannyPTY, don't know if you know but the u5 has already an oscam built-in you don't need to install one yourself, to access the oscam you just need to input Ip of u5:8888
In LIVE TV App, Please press "Menu" and press "2580" then you can see "Explorer" ==> Cam Monitor, Load cccam.cfg from USB, Load Softcam.key from USB" , Use Cam Monitor to stop and restart service.

DannyPTY

Post by DannyPTY » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:58 pm

Don't get me wrong here both of you guys, what I'm trying to point out is that Vivant needs to focus in an easy solution for them as small company with limited resources for developing software and let the community help them? just like I said in my first post here in this thread

Adricool

Post by Adricool » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:31 pm

DannyPTY wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:58 pm
Don't get me wrong here both of you guys, what I'm trying to point out is that Vivant needs to focus in an easy solution for them as small company with limited resources for developing software and let the community help them? just like I said in my first post here in this thread
yes having a compatible oscam apk would be easier to upgrade...

catorcio

Post by catorcio » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:40 pm

Image this is in ATV5 is so also in ATV7?

Return to “U5 PVR”