1. Android TV 5.0
2. + Debian Linux
3. + Coming Enigma2.
4. + Coming Android TV 7.0.

What you need more?????

DannyPTY

Re: Enigma2 is coming for U5 PVR.

Post by DannyPTY » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:57 am

I'm having a nerdgasm... I simply love this box...

Ramtech

Post by Ramtech » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:48 pm

Would be great if this could be ran as a app on the leanback launcher you could use this instead of the live tv app.

vivant

Post by vivant » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:31 pm

This is challenging to run E2 as an APP. But we made Linux on Android and maybe E2 on Android is an feasible. We will work on that direction.

Neomaster

Post by Neomaster » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:20 am

This is challenging to run E2 as an APP. But we made Linux on Android and maybe E2 on Android is an feasible. We will work on that direction.
Android is based on Linux so that's easy to make linux on Android ;)
The question I think is if you can run under Android a "desktop linux distribution".

Now it seems it can only run "linux" programms which doesn't need graphical engine. I didn't see any distro which runs under Android. ( like ubuntu/fedora and more. )

Enigma2 should get a major upgrade first to follow the android specs. It's almost easier to build something complete new.
As the enigma2 image on U5PVR is still not available after the first announce I assume it's not yet working.
Hope some stuff will come available and follow linux openembedded system so that we can work on it and see the possibilities of this project.

xbmc
Site Admin

Post by xbmc » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:32 pm

Neomaster wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:20 am
Android is based on Linux so that's easy to make linux on Android ;)
The question I think is if you can run under Android a "desktop linux distribution".

Now it seems it can only run "linux" programms which doesn't need graphical engine. I didn't see any distro which runs under Android. ( like ubuntu/fedora and more. )

Enigma2 should get a major upgrade first to follow the android specs. It's almost easier to build something complete new.
As the enigma2 image on U5PVR is still not available after the first announce I assume it's not yet working.
Hope some stuff will come available and follow linux openembedded system so that we can work on it and see the possibilities of this project.
We installed VNC server and working X-window by VNC client.
Enigma2 will come on after figure out some issues what we faced. Maybe after 2 month, it will come with U5 PVR. E2 is working on Lab internally. but will not release until ready with security solution for our U5 PVR HW.

Neomaster

Post by Neomaster » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:50 am

Enigma2 will come on after figure out some issues what we faced. Maybe after 2 month, it will come with U5 PVR. E2 is working on Lab internally. but will not release until ready with security solution for our U5 PVR HW.
Sounds bad and violation against the GPL of Enigma2.

I hope you can get it run but you can forget the necessary support of the enigma2 community. I am gone to next potential as this seems a one way road.

Adricool

Post by Adricool » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:02 am

Neomaster wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:50 am
Sounds bad and violation against the GPL of Enigma2.

I hope you can get it run but you can forget the necessary support of the enigma2 community. I am gone to next potential as this seems a one way road.
What's the problem? U5 team don't try to close enigma to themselves that's the opposite they welcome anybody who wants to help and contribute.

Return to “News & Introduction”