Firmware Upgrade : 12 July 2017 [Final]

Firmware History
xbmc
Site Admin

Firmware Upgrade : 12 July 2017 [Final]

Post by xbmc » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:59 pm

Firmware Upgrade History : 12 July 2017

Full Version : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9uvs ... mJKc0J4LUU : Erase USER DB
Normal Version : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9uvs ... mExLWlhS3M : KEEP USER DB

1. Support U5 Bluetooth Remote.
2. Support Virtual BT Key board.

Bug Fixed.
1. Hanging issue when they play pictures on MediaCenter.
2. Reduce TVH parsing time for E2 DB.

Release revised ChannelEditor.exe u5pvr/APP/ChannelEditor2/ChannelEditor.zip
1. Fixed E2 DB Western Language issue
2. Fixed HispaSAT DB issue.

Dear customer.
We are sorry that we didn't improved many issues but all member in team, we are developing Android TV 7 right now.
So we hope that we can release Android TV 7 on first alpha version on next month. also doing E2 at same time.
and hope that we can take E2/Android 7 system ASAP.

U5 Team.

catorcio

Re: Firmware Upgrade : 12 July 2017 [Final]

Post by catorcio » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:13 pm

In no hurry the important thing is that it is done well! thank you

mecki

Post by mecki » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:36 pm

xbmc wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:59 pm
Dear customer.
We are sorry that we didn't improved many issues but all member in team, we are developing Android TV 7 right now.
So we hope that we can release Android TV 7 on first alpha version on next month. also doing E2 at same time.
Can you explain, why Android 7 is so important? Because to be honest as a user I don't really care which version of Android is used.

I'm a bit concerned about the focus of your development. As a software developer I understand that it's more fun to work on the big challanges and that it's not so much fun to fix bugs in older software. But that's very important, too! In my opinion it's the small little bugs and missing features that should be fixed first. No matter which Android version, there should be a rock solid and bug free software version first, before doing a main upgrade.

Looking at how things go now I'm worried that after this big upgrade the focus is on the next "big challange" (whatever that is) instead of fixing bugs and adding more features. I really hope that this is not the case and your developers will spend some time on bug reports and feature requests first.

xbmc
Site Admin

Post by xbmc » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:47 pm

mecki wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:36 pm
xbmc wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:59 pm
Dear customer.
Can you explain, why Android 7 is so important? Because to be honest as a user I don't really care which version of Android is used.

I'm a bit concerned about the focus of your development. As a software developer I understand that it's more fun to work on the big challanges and that it's not so much fun to fix bugs in older software. But that's very important, too! In my opinion it's the small little bugs and missing features that should be fixed first. No matter which Android version, there should be a rock solid and bug free software version first, before doing a main upgrade.

Looking at how things go now I'm worried that after this big upgrade the focus is on the next "big challange" (whatever that is) instead of fixing bugs and adding more features. I really hope that this is not the case and your developers will spend some time on bug reports and feature requests first.
Dear customer.

We have a similar idea with you.
We have to move forward to fix small and user's problems and convenience in order to have convenience of users with media and TV box.
Currently U5 products have undergone various tests of users of existing U4 Quad products and based on U4 Quad, U5 products have been made.

For SW team, the worst thing that should do is OS version control for Android.
They must port all features again again for existing hardware from 0 when we port new OS.
Also should test all again the functions and apply them one by one.
In addition to the existing problems, We have to find and apply various problems for new OS.
You are right, it is big efforts.

Nevertheless, there are two problems internally that reason why we have to develop new OS.

1. Business factors
   Consumers and dealers who buy products tend to buy new products (New OS or new Technology).
   If the purchase of the product does not occur, the company will not operate.
   Customers who bought hardware before can not pay the cost of additional SW development.
   Company can only make money by finding new buyers. Of course, Manufacturer must consider to fix customer issues as first priority when we have new products.    
In fact, SW team wants to improve for user convenience and problems in the first instance better than new OS.
Nonetheless, there is still a tougher part for developers in charge to continue to make market demands to create new demand.

2. Internal development resource issues
   The Hi3798MV200 chip released by the next low-cost chipset had Android 7 as a basic supporting OS , and for Hi3798CV200(U5 Deluxe) too.
   The problem is that. It is difficult to divide and manage different 2 projects with internal resources.
   While supporting Android 5.1 on the launch, support for the new Android 7, we will need double resource internally.
   So, if you move the existing product group and manage it with Android 7 version, the main product of the new product coming soon, I think that this part can provide better support.

Above 2 things are main reason. We hope that you can understand our situation.
We will keep to debug main issues and small issues but will go for New OS.

catorcio

Post by catorcio » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:59 pm

To me it seems to have become slower !, can you go back to the previous version?

xbmc
Site Admin

Post by xbmc » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:03 pm

catorcio wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:59 pm
To me it seems to have become slower !, can you go back to the previous version?
Yes, Please download previous version and download from USB to STB. then you can go back to previous version.

mecki

Post by mecki » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:02 pm

@xbmc Can you give us an update on the progress of the Android 7 version? Any estimate when it will be released?

Adricool

Post by Adricool » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:34 am

mecki wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:02 pm
@xbmc Can you give us an update on the progress of the Android 7 version? Any estimate when it will be released?
there's already a alpha version available, im using it for a week now, its stable enough for a daily use.
http://u5pvr.blogspot.com.tr/

best regards

catorcio

Post by catorcio » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:07 pm

Hi Adriano, is it better or worse than the previous one?

Adricool

Post by Adricool » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:28 am

catorcio wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:07 pm
Hi Adriano, is it better or worse than the previous one?
hello Cartorcio basically it's the same thing didn't notice an improvement but it's only the alpha version, plus the Bluetooth remote don't work yet the mic, and the bouquet don't work either só better wait to update

Return to “Firmware”