My current firmware is from July, as mentioned here: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=8603
1. If I go to ATV Setting >> Information >> System Update >> Online Upgrade it says I already have the latest version
2. We also have the firmwares here: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/fold ... vPJMd6Vzjv it says, there's a new official firmware from 171201. I've downloaded it, but I get an Error during the upgrade, so the upgrade fails
3. There's also the OpenATV firmware for dual boot here: http://u5pvr.blogspot.de/2017/12/u5pvr- ... igma2.html
1. Why is there no online OTA firmware update possible if there's a new official release?
2. What's the difference between the 171201 firmware and the one from OpenATV? Are they the same?
3. Why does the update not work for me?
Ok, with the help from Eddy Lab on the G+ Supporter Group I was finally able to upgrade my box. Here's what I had to do:
- Do a major update from ATV5 to ATV7 as described here: http://u5pvr.blogspot.de/2017/11/users- ... x.html?m=1. After the update my box froze on the boot animation, so after some 20 minutes I powered it off and it booted fine.
- Do a local update to the 171201 release with the file found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/fold ... Hc3Q2ZvVm8. (I first tried an online update and it says, there's a new version available. But when starting the upgrade there was an error. That's why I did this update manually.)
- Do another online update. This time the online update worked fine.