Update Fail - This Screen Presented

Question & Answer
Salty
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:45 pm

Update Fail - This Screen Presented

Post by Salty » Wed May 24, 2017 4:20 pm

While attempting to update from the delivered Firmware to the Current firmware, this has happened.

Image

http://i68.tinypic.com/34xhu7n.jpg

U5 PVR will not boot
Get the splash screen, then the image above.

Is this a Serial Port only fix?

Salty
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:45 pm

Re: Update Fail - This Screen Presented

Post by Salty » Wed May 24, 2017 7:45 pm

With the Ethernet Cable, S2 and T2 cables connected, the boot screen looks like this

Image

User avatar
xbmc
Site Admin
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 11:51 am

Re: Update Fail - This Screen Presented

Post by xbmc » Wed May 24, 2017 8:01 pm

Salty wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 7:45 pm
With the Ethernet Cable, S2 and T2 cables connected, the boot screen looks like this

Image
Strange. Which firmware did you download?
that is factory test mode. but normal SW should not enter that mode.
please let us know which version you donwloaded. then we will check SW.

Salty
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:45 pm

Re: Update Fail - This Screen Presented

Post by Salty » Wed May 24, 2017 8:10 pm

1. Full Version[20170504]

From this link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9uvs ... GlRcnY0MVk

Download was OK
Placed onto Root of USB Thumb Drive (named "update.zip")
Plugged into U5 PVR
System Update -----> Selected File -----> Android Robot Appeared, but kept flashing on and off ----> No Progress on Progress Bar
At this point, i had to Power Cycle, as there was no response from Remote.

User avatar
xbmc
Site Admin
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 11:51 am

Re: Update Fail - This Screen Presented

Post by xbmc » Wed May 24, 2017 8:42 pm

Salty wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 8:10 pm
1. Full Version[20170504]

From this link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9uvs ... GlRcnY0MVk

Download was OK
Placed onto Root of USB Thumb Drive (named "update.zip")
Plugged into U5 PVR
System Update -----> Selected File -----> Android Robot Appeared, but kept flashing on and off ----> No Progress on Progress Bar
At this point, i had to Power Cycle, as there was no response from Remote.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9uvs ... zNXOEt2M2M

please download this file.
It is latest SW for U5 PVR.

Do you have U5 PVR Deluxe model?

If yes, please copy downloaded new Firmware to your USB stick.

and insert to box.
and Power off and On , after pressing Power button

during pressing power button and turn on Power, box will start to upgrade.

So please follow this step.
I will try to download your link and will test on our side what is wrong.

thanks for your report.

Salty
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:45 pm

Re: Update Fail - This Screen Presented

Post by Salty » Wed May 24, 2017 9:20 pm

Thank you

Your Update Method resolved the issue with firmware i had downloaded, "Full Version[20170504]"
(not your new link which is currently still downloading)

I changed the USB Thumb Drive for a Reliable Portable USB drive which has loaded using the Power ON--->OFF--->Hold Front Button method perfectly.

I shall now try your latest version.
How to i tell if i have the Deluxe version?
This is what i have: http://www.xbmc4stb.net/viewtopic.php?t=8465
So i guess i do have the Deluxe version

P.S. I feel the issue was the suspect Thumb Drive.

User avatar
xbmc
Site Admin
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 11:51 am

Re: Update Fail - This Screen Presented

Post by xbmc » Wed May 24, 2017 9:30 pm

Salty wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 9:20 pm
Thank you

Your Update Method resolved the issue with firmware i had downloaded, "Full Version[20170504]"
(not your new link which is currently still downloading)

I changed the USB Thumb Drive for a Reliable Portable USB drive which has loaded using the Power ON--->OFF--->Hold Front Button method perfectly.

I shall now try your latest version.
How to i tell if i have the Deluxe version?

P.S. I feel the issue was the suspect Thumb Drive.
Please use online update if you can.
You can download "Normal" version from our OTA server.
That is latest Firmware.
For you, I will make manual on forum and let you know.

I will plan to announce on forum what we updated on new firmware on end of this month.
But we already uploaded final firmware.

Salty
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:45 pm

Re: Update Fail - This Screen Presented

Post by Salty » Wed May 24, 2017 9:46 pm

Online Update worked fine

I choose the FULL VERSION
Is that the same firmware release as the direct link you have posted in this thread?

And, is it beneficial to got back and load the Linux package also?

User avatar
xbmc
Site Admin
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 11:51 am

Re: Update Fail - This Screen Presented

Post by xbmc » Wed May 24, 2017 9:52 pm

Salty wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 9:46 pm
Online Update worked fine

I choose the FULL VERSION
Is that the same firmware release as the direct link you have posted in this thread?
==> Yes, right.
And, is it beneficial to got back and load the Linux package also?
==> You can download full version at first and download Linux package from online update easily.
We are prepare full backup function. it will ready on next releasing of firmware.
So you can backup all your data include Linux/TV channels/installed Android APPs.

We are getting many good features from Korean forum about our product.
So we will announce what we getting many new features step by step.

Salty
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:45 pm

Re: Update Fail - This Screen Presented

Post by Salty » Wed May 24, 2017 10:03 pm

Many Thanks xmbc

Really appreciate the help and advise.

U5 PVR Deluxe is back up and running, was very easy once i used the Boot Update Method

19/05/2017 Firmware is installed and working :)
Just downloading the Linux package now

Post Reply

Return to “User's Q&A”