xbmc
Site Admin

Re: Some questions on U5PVR before buying

Post by xbmc » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:28 pm

catorcio wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:32 pm
CONS / Bugs
http://developers.blognotions.com/2017/ ... ve-tv-app/
Android TV limitations: Play Store can only find a few apps (workaround: apkpure), clicks with air mouse not always working
Kodi is currently not well supported :
==> KODI 17.3 has problem to play . it is KODI 17.2 problem. All Android Box has same issue. when we tested with 18.0 Alpha version, many issues was cleared. so we recommend to use KODI 18 Alpha version if they want to use.
Problems with USB 3.0 port. HDD partitions cannot be mounted, and device may not boot at all.
==> It was no issue at all on latest SW. We can mount all partitions without problem
Audio – TrueHD / Atmos down-mixing is not working, Vorbis audio not supported with Media Center app
==> Under-testing
Video – IFO/VOB files (DVD rips) cannot be played in Media Center app
==> Under-testing
Live TV app – Manual recording does not always start; recording from standby mode not working (minor).
==> We tested but we can't find such problem. so we are keep testing this issue. On standby mode, PVR recording is no problem.
No DRM support at all
==> We are trying to apply Widevine and PlayReady ASAP.
Underwhelming WiFi performance
==> We are under-testing this report
Steep learning curve to make use of all features, nothing is explained in user guide, so spending time reading in the forums or G+ to learn is probably a must.
==> yes, that is true. there are so many features on this box, we will upload manuals step by step on this site and G+
Have these problems been resolved?.
==> We are mainly focus to support Android 7 version ASAP. of course, we will check above issue but will do it on Android 7 version

catorcio

Post by catorcio » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:01 am

Is the reception of the satellite channels good or poor? My Mecool Kiii Pro at most the signal reaches 60%!.

catorcio

Post by catorcio » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:02 am

Who tried it can answer it, it's important I'm going to buy it but if the satellite tuner is as weak as the Mecool Kiii Pro I'm not sure. thanks

xbmc
Site Admin

Post by xbmc » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:01 am

catorcio wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:02 am
Who tried it can answer it, it's important I'm going to buy it but if the satellite tuner is as weak as the Mecool Kiii Pro I'm not sure. thanks
We are using same tuner module as like U4 Quad. It was proved on the field. so we are sure that will not have no issue on tuner sensitivity.

catorcio

Post by catorcio » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:13 am

HDD formatted in NTFS inserted into the U5 PVR is seen? Other question if I insert the HDD I have in a decoder Linus formatted in ext the content is seen? Thank you

xbmc
Site Admin

Post by xbmc » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:12 pm

catorcio wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:13 am
HDD formatted in NTFS inserted into the U5 PVR is seen? Other question if I insert the HDD I have in a decoder Linus formatted in ext the content is seen? Thank you
Yes, U5 can support NTFS/EXT3 format. it can support contents on NTFS/EXT3 HDD.

catorcio

Post by catorcio » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:05 pm

Adricool wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:01 am
catorcio wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:38 pm
If I can ask if Stab motorized parabels are handled well by the U5PVR? Multistream channels are tunable?, Oscam also works on digital terrestrial channels? thank you.
yes multistream works fine as long you are on the same satellite for both channels.
http://it.kingofsat.net/pack-mediaset.php Eutelsat 5 West A (5.0 ° W) bouquet Mediaset 5 w
These channels you see them? thank you

Adricool

Post by Adricool » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:03 pm

Cannot see them because it's pay channels and my oscam don't unscramble them, I'm using hispasat and no problem, with dual dvb-s tuner i can stream channels to 2 diferente Android box...

catorcio

Post by catorcio » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:53 am

Sin I am Italian I would prefer to see these even if I see them on terrestrial digital. Sorry, but your model is this?
https://it.aliexpress.com/item/Ultimate ... 518.kiOCEB

Adricool

Post by Adricool » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:30 am

Yes exactly the same box but without brand, i was one of the beta tester, and let me tell you the price is a little higher than the usual for a Chinese box but the build quality is amazing and be prepared for great updates on software side....
If you find a nice oscam service to unscramble the premium sky IT channels you will be as mutch satisfied as i was, plus you have dvb-t to regular use, before i was using a wetek play 1 it was great also but now it's obsolete and the play 2 is not as good as the u5 pvr.....
Follow us on Google plus to get the news and faster support if you decide to buy one.
Best regards

Return to “User's Q&A”