you would buy it again

Question & Answer
catorcio

you would buy it again

Post by catorcio » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:34 pm

after the experience with this decoder would you still buy it?

DannyPTY

Re: you would buy it again

Post by DannyPTY » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 am

Hell no!!!

Michu7

Post by Michu7 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:01 am

No way! HW is quite nice but SW is poor (and this is the warmest word I can put here) 😊😊😊😈

Adricool

Post by Adricool » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:51 am

Yes definitely, i do not agree about the software, it works great for me, and dev keep work on it, i know oscam is an issue for some of the users, but still...

scorpion61

Post by scorpion61 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:02 pm

Definitely yes.
This is the best box I ever had and it works perfectly now.
Some little bugs, but it's still a young product and it will come soon to maturity.

catorcio

Post by catorcio » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:29 pm

Adricool wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:51 am
Yes definitely, i do not agree about the software, it works great for me, and dev keep work on it, i know oscam is an issue for some of the users, but still...
which software works great? I still have 5.1 because I do not trust to change it before the end of the Italian championship.

Adricool

Post by Adricool » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:49 am

catorcio wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:29 pm
Adricool wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:51 am
which software works great? I still have 5.1 because I do not trust to change it before the end of the Italian championship.
The last version is working fine for me, the channel list imported from the channel editor is ordered properly again, oscam for me is working fine only issue is the power vu, but if oscam works for you on 5.1 it should work on latest version as well...

Digitaldan

Post by Digitaldan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:38 pm

Not a chance and here is why.....
1. Can't move channels to proper positions. Can only make fav list. Can;t rearrange the channels.

2. Box does not hold settings for dish. Have to go into the config menu and move dish on my own. Settings should be locked once stored.

3. When going into the "Tuner" section of antenna settings, dish takes off on it's own! Dish should not move till told to do so! This bug slammed the dish the first time and almost cost be a ton.

4. No information in the information box about signal or data stream.

5. Live TV app shuts down intermittently. Fails to respond message along with choice to reboot, wait, or shut down app.

6. LNB settings change when exiting the antenna setup menu.

I can go on people...... For a box that can be flashed and used to get around scrambling naybe it is ok. That said as far as an actual receiver???? Totally JUNK! Sorry people, I call it as I see it and with the above partial list this box is junk. It was made to run things like oscam and cheat the scrambling systems. If that is your thing then great. Not putting that hobby down. However there are many that just want a good receiver that will do 4:2:2 and all the other formats and we just do not get it.

Have a great day!

mecki

Post by mecki » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:17 pm

I would not recommend this box to any friend.

The box itself is cool. But they obviously completely forgot that a good product needs good support and open communication with the customer.

And whatever software you try, each has their own flaws:

* Official Android: LiveTV is buggy, it often has sync issues. EPG is not very good and buggy
* E2: There's no WiFi driver and no one cares

Return to “User's Q&A”