Can not boot into Live TV

Bugs, Issue report.
mecki

Can not boot into Live TV

Post by mecki » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:37 pm

Under Settings -> Home I have selected "Live TV" but still the box always boots into the Home screen. How can I fix this?

Side note: The menu in Settings -> Home is somehow broken. I could move the cursor with up/down but I could not select any option. When I clicked OK nothing happened. I found, that it has to do with selecting the whole line including the trash bin on the right. I had to play around with up/down/left/right buttons until it did only highlight the left part of a line. Then I could click OK and it selected the option.

Adricool

Re: Can not boot into Live TV

Post by Adricool » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:58 am

hello mecki, don't expect to have a fix on it, now they are working extensively on developing android 7 for the u5 , leaving to side the bugs on 5.1, i now it's bad for some people, and understand that more people involved on atv 7, faster it will get out for the user to enjoy... Anyway anything that we can help (community) we will.

DannyPTY

Post by DannyPTY » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:42 am

mecki wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:37 pm
Under Settings -> Home I have selected "Live TV" but still the box always boots into the Home screen. How can I fix this?

Side note: The menu in Settings -> Home is somehow broken. I could move the cursor with up/down but I could not select any option. When I clicked OK nothing happened. I found, that it has to do with selecting the whole line including the trash bin on the right. I had to play around with up/down/left/right buttons until it did only highlight the left part of a line. Then I could click OK and it selected the option.
try a factory restore...

mecki

Post by mecki » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:09 pm

DannyPTY wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:42 am
mecki wrote:

try a factory restore...
Thanks, I know you try to help. But instead of blindly trying this and that I'd prefer a proper bug fix. That's why I'm reporting this here.

xbmc
Site Admin

Post by xbmc » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:34 pm

mecki wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:09 pm
DannyPTY wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:42 am
mecki wrote:

try a factory restore...
Thanks, I know you try to help. But instead of blindly trying this and that I'd prefer a proper bug fix. That's why I'm reporting this here.
==> No way to support any other launcher except Leanback launcher. but when you turn off box and on from live TV channels, then box will reboot on TV channel

==> On ATV, there is not way to use other Launcher except Leanback launcher. so it should be blocked on Setting menu.

mecki

Post by mecki » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:34 am

xbmc wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:34 pm
==> No way to support any other launcher except Leanback launcher. but when you turn off box and on from live TV channels, then box will reboot on TV channel
This does not work for me. I now did a full factory reset. Note, that I don't use "standby" but "Power Safe mode". The system always boots into the home screen, never into LiveTV.
xbmc wrote:
==> On ATV, there is not way to use other Launcher except Leanback launcher. so it should be blocked on Setting menu.
I don't have any "Leanback Launcher" in that menu. The three options are:
  • Home Screen
  • com.android.provision.DefaultActivity
  • LiveTV
After a factory reset, none of these options is selected! But I was able to change this. But no matter, which option I chose, it's no difference: It always boots into the Home screen, never into LiveTV.

Adricool

Post by Adricool » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:24 am

mecki wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:34 am
xbmc wrote:
This does not work for me. I now did a full factory reset. Note, that I don't use "standby" but "Power Safe mode". The system always boots into the home screen, never into LiveTV.
xbmc wrote:
  • Home Screen
  • LiveTV
After a factory reset, none of these options is selected! But I was able to change this. But no matter, which option I chose, it's no difference: It always boots into the Home screen, never into LiveTV.
Hello mecki, try this app it load any app that you want at boot, not a permanent fix but... https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .autostart

xbmc
Site Admin

Post by xbmc » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:14 am

mecki wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:34 am
xbmc wrote:
==> Yes, you are right, when you use Power Save mode, System will boots on home screen.
xbmc wrote:
  • Home Screen
  • LiveTV
==> Yes, you are right. we should check how to boot with default boot. because ATV system is only support Leanback launcher as default.
So we should block or find some way to support your request.

mecki

Post by mecki » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:10 am

Adricool wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:24 am
Hello mecki, try this app it load any app that you want at boot, not a permanent fix but... https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .autostart
@Adricool I've tried that app but the LiveTV app doesn't show up in the list. Yes, I've already checked "Show all apps". So still no workaround.

Return to “Reports”